Hillary Edgar is a Partner with Alexander Royston, bringing over a decade’s experience to her role assisting clients with real estate and probate litigation; estate planning, drafting and probate; adoption; business planning; banking and finance and small business transactions.
Hillary is General Counsel for the Covington Housing Authority and has represented housing authorities across Georgia with Rental Assistance Demonstration conversions and closings. A member of the State Bar of Georgia, she is active in many professional and civic groups including the Covington/Newton Chamber of Commerce (former Chair of the Board of Directors), Kiwanis Club of Covington (Board of Directors and former President), the Newton Education Foundation (Board of Directors and former Chair), First Baptist Church of Covington (current member of the Long Range Planning Committee and former member of the Budget and Finance Committee) and the Newton College and Career Academy (CTAE Advisory Committee).
Originally from Statesboro, Georgia, Hillary graduated summa cum laude from Agnes Scott College with a B.A. in History and earned her J.D. from Georgia State University. When not traveling, she lives in Covington with her daughter and husband, an educator in the Newton County School System.
- Business, Real Estate and Probate Litigation
- Estate Planning, Drafting and Probate
- Business planning and small business transactions
- B.A., Agnes Scott College, Summa cum laude (2000)
- J.D., Georgia State University (2005)
BAR ADMISSION AND SECTION AFFILIATION
- Georgia (2005)
- Estate Planning
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Kiwanis of Covington (President 2013-2014, Board of Directors)
- Newton Education Foundation (Chair 2013-2014, Board of Directors)
- Covington/Newton County Chamber of Commerce (Director, Board of Directors)
- First Baptist Church of Covington (Member, Budget and Finance Committee)
- Newton College and Career Academy (Member, CTAE Advisory Committee)
- Newton County Bar Association (Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee)
- Covington Municipal Airport Authority (Board Member)