James (Jim) B. Alexander was the founding Partner of Alexander Royston. With close to four decades of experience, Jim has helped many clients in the areas of banking and finance, land use, local government, estate planning and wills, business litigation and real estate.
He also serves as General Counsel for Newton Federal Bank and County Attorney for Jasper County, Georgia. Jim is admitted to practice by the State Bar of Georgia. He received his B.S.I.M. from the Georgia Institute of Technology and earned his J.D. from the University of Georgia.
Along with his professional roles, Jim assists his community and profession by participating in civic and religious organizations including the Georgia Bankers Association (Director, Chairman of the bank counsel section), Newton County Community Foundation (Director, Executive Committee) and First Baptist Church of Covington (former Chair, Board of Deacons).
- Banking and Finance
- Land Use
- Local Government
- Estate Planning/Wills
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate
- General Counsel for Newton Federal Bank County Attorney, Jasper County, Georgia
- B.S.I.M., Georgia Institute of Technology (1971)
- J.D., University of Georgia (1974)
- Georgia (1974)
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- First Baptist Church of Covington (Chairman, Board of Deacons)
- Newton County Community Foundation (Director, Executive Committee)
- Project Adventure, Inc. (Director, Vice Chairman)
- Challenge Charter Academy (Director, Chairman)
- Georgia Bankers Association (Director, Chairman-Bank Counsel Section)